Course booking terms and conditions and cancellation
Effective from 1st January 2015. Please note these ‘Terms and Conditions’ may be subject to change without
notice. Training is facilitated and delivered by the About You UK (AYUK)
- For current course costs and dates, please refer to our website or request a paper copy from the training
- Before booking onto the course, please ensure you have read the course content, to ensure the course will meet your
training needs and that you are able to meet pre-requisites, where stated.
- If a course registration/booking form is completed by an individual other than the named candidate, it is the
responsibility of the employer to ensure the candidate is suitable for the course and has the relevant experience.
- Upon receipt of your booking form, and subsequent payment your place(s) will be confirmed.
- Important note: AYUK or
any association acting on their behalf, acceptance of your booking brings into existence a legally binding contract between us on these terms and conditions. Any term sought to be imposed by you in
any purchase order or correspondence will not form part of the contract.
- Purchase orders may be accepted in lieu of payment at time of booking at AYUK sole discretion.
- Acceptance of purchase orders is subject to AYUK prior approval for credit terms. Customers must first supply a
completed Customer Information Form upon request.
- Purchase orders shall not be accepted from any customer at any time during which the customer's account is placed on
"stop" due to default.
Invoicing and payment
- Course fees are payable upon booking unless a valid, authorised Purchase Order is provided or there is an agreed payment
term and they are accepted. Or you are eligible to a free placement.
- Invoices will be sent via post to the name and address provided on the booking form and must be paid within 30 days of
the invoice date or not later than 1 month prior to the start of the course, whichever date occurs soonest (the “due date”).
- Payment must be made in pounds Sterling by cheque or BACS.
- If any amount properly due to AYUK under or in connection with these terms and conditions remains outstanding beyond the
due date AYUK may:
a. charge interest on the overdue amount at the rate of 8% per annum above the base rate of AYUK Banking Service, from time to time (which interest will accrue daily until the date of actual payment,
be compounded quarterly, and be payable on demand); or
b. claim interest and statutory compensation pursuant to the Late Payment of Commercial Debts (Interest) Act 1998).
Course attendance and certification
- Candidates will receive joining instructions via email to the email address provided on the booking form. Paper
correspondence must be requested on the application form prior.
- It is the responsibility of the individual completing the course registration/booking form to ensure joining
instructions are received by the candidate. Instructions will be sent via email to the email address provided on the booking form.
- If the joining instructions are not received, it is the responsibility of the individual who completed the course
registration/booking form to contact AYUK training office to arrange for them to be reissued.
- Failure to attend the course will result in the full cost of the course per delegate being incurred.
- AYUK will send all correspondence primarily via email to the email address provided on the booking form. If alternative
details are received after the booking form has been submitted, they will supersede the original details and all future correspondence will be sent to the new address.
- No certificate(s) shall be issued whilst there is an outstanding balance (including interest on overdue balances and
statutory compensation) due to AYUK.
- It may be necessary, for reasons beyond the control of AYUK, to change the content and timing of the programme, the
date, the venue or the tutor.
Cancellations and Amendments
- All requests for cancellations and/or transfers must be received in writing by post or by email to
- Changes will become effective on the date of written confirmation being received.
- The appropriate cancellation charge will apply based on the cost of your booking, as shown below.
*excluding extenuating circumstances which will be charged atAYUK discretion.
notice before the start date of the course
29 calendar days or more
Between 15 and 28 calendar days
Between 1 and 14 calendar days
No refund will be given, charged at full
price including free placement given
Failure to attend
Treated as late cancellation and no refund given.
includes FOC places
- In the event of an individual named on the booking form cannot attend, we will accept substitution of another delegate
on the condition that written notification of the substitution has been received by us prior to the course date.
- Any person in association with AYUK and is granted free training for CPD or company advances will have the following
- Failure to qualify from a free training placement will result in full payment of the course net value to
- The delegate will only carry out those specific duties trained within the AYUK centres or any other location that the
trust designate, for a minimum period of 24 months after qualification
- Failure to adhere to the 24 month duration (excluding extenuating circumstances which will be charged at AYUK
discretion) will be liable to full payment of the advertised cost of the course on the AYUK website (pro rata)
- Delegates are only permitted to one course transfer or substitution per booking. After this the full fee will be
- In the event of there being insufficient numbers booked onto a course AYUK reserves the right to cancel or postpone the
- In the event of cancellation of a course by AYUK, we will endeavour to inform all participants a week before the course
is due to take place, although please be aware that this is not always possible. All course fees paid will be reimbursed in full, or the payment will be transferred in full to another AYUK course.
AYUK shall not accept liability for any consequential loss and shall have no liability to reimburse any other costs that may have been incurred, including transport costs, accommodation
- Accommodation and travel and mealtimes are the responsibility of the candidate unless otherwise stated in the course
- If you are unable to attend any of the course due to extenuating circumstances you must inform AYUK in
- If you were unable to attend due to illness you must provide evidence in the form of a doctor's note.
- AYUK shall not be liable to refund of fees or for any other penalty should courses be cancelled due to war, fire, strike
lock-out, industrial action, tempest, accident, civil disturbance or any other cause whatsoever beyond their control.
These terms and conditions, together with the current AYUK website prices, course details and AYUK contact details, set out
the whole of our agreement relating to the supply of the course and associated materials and services to you by AYUK. These terms and conditions cannot be varied except in writing signed by the
Chairman of AYUK. In particular, no terms and conditions incorporated within your purchase order and nothing said by any person on behalf of AYUK should be understood as a variation of these terms
and conditions or as an authorised representation about the nature or quality of any goods or services offered for sale by AYUK. AYUK shall have no liability for any such representation being untrue